In memory of Walter Kohn (1923-2016), Karlheinz Schwarz, Ann Mattsson, and Melvyn Levy will deliver short presentations. Please also note the following Obituary for Walter Kohn (1923-2016).
In memory of Robert G. Parr (1921-2017), Melvyn Levy will deliver a short presentation.
In memory of the former committee member Annick Goursot, Claude Daul will deliver a short presentation.
The complete final program can be downloaded here after 15 July 2017.
DFT2017 will commence with registration at hotel Åkerblads (open from noon) and get-together party on the evening of 21 August 2017, and end with lunch on 25 August 2017. The scientific schedule will include plenary talks, invited talks, contributed talks, and tentatively a poster session or short talks.
The following thematic sections are planned:
- Time-independent excited state density-functional theory
- Time-dependent density-functional theory
- Density-functional theory of solids
- Application of density-functional theory in condensed matter physics and chemistry
- Strongly correlated systems
- Biomolecular modeling, bioreactions
All participants are invited to receptions on the evenings of the 22nd and 24th of August 2017.
The conference dinner will be held on the evening of the 23th of August.
- get-together barbecue buffet by lake Siljan on the evening of the 21st of August 2017
- 4-course dinner on the evening of the 22nd and conference dinner on the evening of the 23rd of August at Åkerblads Gästgiveri
- “Kräftskiva” (buffet) on the evening of the 24th of August at Klockargården Hotel
- guided church boat excursion on lake Siljan on the 23rd of August
- Click here to see the lunch and dinner menu at Åkerblads (in Swedish)